Tuesday, September 21, 2010

New Coming In / Old Going Out

I'm not really sure what is the design process for other designers,  but for me, I'm often inspired by the fabric itself.  Sometimes I buy a particular fabric simply because I love it. I have a whole pile of that stuff upstairs in my studio. It's just sitting there waiting for me to figure out what I want to do with it. For me, that could take weeks, months, or even years.  Then one day, voile!!!! Here it is! The perfect fabric for a new design that I see in my head and that's as far as it's gotten. Sometimes I actually set a piece of fabric beside me, waiting for inspiration to hit.


Today I got in the knits for some of my fall collection. Well it's more of a winter collection.






[caption id="attachment_373" align="alignleft" width="150" caption="Charcoal Jersey Knit"][/caption]
















[caption id="attachment_374" align="alignleft" width="150" caption="Black Jersey Knit"][/caption]
















[caption id="attachment_375" align="alignleft" width="150" caption="Espresso Knit"][/caption]
















[caption id="attachment_376" align="alignleft" width="150" caption="Mustard Knit"][/caption]
















[caption id="attachment_377" align="alignleft" width="150" caption="Dark Olive Knit"][/caption]













These are some of the new colors I'll be working with. And yes, I already know what I'm going to do with these fabrics! Some of the Spring and Summers designs are on clearance in my shop to make room for the new fall designs. Everything listed to go for $12. Very limited as far as what's left. Here's the link if you'd like to check it out before it's all gone.


http://www.etsy.com/shop/finethreadz?section_id=7139673




Feel free to let me know what you think of the new colors.


SharonH







No comments: