Saturday, September 18, 2010

Are You Ready For Halloween?



[caption id="" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Image via Wikipedia"]Jack-o-latern[/caption]


I admit Halloween is one of my most favorite holidays. Why? No pressure to spend a crap load of money for a bunch of folks you feel obligated to buy a gift for just because you know they're going to buy you a gift. No cooking all day to feed friends, family, and yourself.  You can keep Halloween as you like. Buy a bag of candy for the kids and you're all set.  But if you're like me and you go all out... well you gotta have a fog machine... and cobwebs... and Monster Mash music. Every year I add to my Halloween collection and because of that every year in my house, Halloween gets better and better.  And frankly, I believe the reason Halloween has become so serious for a lot of people is because of all of the reasons I just mentioned.  It's a fun low maintenance holiday! Or if you really want to step it up a level or two, then it becomes more expensive and time consuming. The best part is that it's all up to you. It's your choice.


Halloween has become so popular that just like Christmas, we are preparing weeks in advance. And why not?  Have fun with it! So for this article, I'd like to begin a thread of  suggestions for decorations. I don't know them all so please feel free to let me know if I forgot something and I'll add a picture. Because I'm in a big city, most decorations are pretty easy to get locally. Everyone isn't so lucky. So my main source for everything I find will either be Ebay or Amazon.  Easy access to all!




Door Cover - Ebay $4.35


Door decoration! Gotta have that. It lets the kiddies know that you're game and welcoming at your haunted house!


[caption id="attachment_288" align="alignright" width="153" caption="Skeleton on Toilet Door Cover"][/caption]

Halloween just wouldn't be right without one of these bad boys to grace your door. Skeleton on a toilet reading the newspaper. (Now who does this remind you of?)




Fog Machine! Yes, you too can have one! Ebay $45. (Don't forget your fog juice!)


[caption id="attachment_289" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="Fog Machine"][/caption]



















No Halloween is complete without the Original Wolfman Jack's (may he rest in peace) Monster Mash Bash! For any certain occasion one must set the right tone. Don't know this one? I'll try to add it to my Vodpod on the front page of my blog. You can hit that to hear the original Monster Mash.


Amazon $2.05



And here's the one item that's going to set you apart from your neighbors. (Don't worry. They'll be back talking to you by Christmas!)


Your own personal Halloween Graveyard.  Ebay - $15





That's enough for today. Hopefully, I've given you a great start on how to do


Halloween right. I'll be updating this post as we get closer to the big day. Please


don't hesitate to add your suggestion and I'll try my best to find it at a low price.


Enjoy!




SharonH



No comments: