Sunday, November 28, 2010

Glad Thanksgiving is out of the way.

As most of you know, I was really closed to my aunt who passed in Sept. Yeah, we were really close and our one day a year when we got together to do things was always Thanksgiving Day. She'd come over and we would cook, laugh, talk and have a great time. Well this year, I just couldn't do it without her. Other family members tried to engage me in celebrating it, but all I could say was, "No, not without Aunt Arvis! I don't want to do Thanksgiving! I don't want to even talk about it." Perhaps that was a weird way to handle her death, but it felt right at the time. I feel better for totally ignoring Thanksgiving this year in honor of my aunt. Now that I've done that, I feel like I can move on and next year I will do Thanksgiving and give thanks for all those years that I had her in my life. You have 45 Thanksgiving Days with someone and suddenly no more, that's bound to have an impact on anyone.

No comments: