Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What I'm working on now.



[caption id="" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Image via Wikipedia"]Denim, the jeans fabric[/caption]


As always, this time of year is my busiest.  I have orders out the wazoo.  Leather. Clothes. Custom orders. And new designs in the work. Of course I'm always excited about a new design. Somethings don't sell as well as others and after a certain amount of time passes I just discontinue it and move on. Gotta be flexible in this business. Any business.


One of my best sellers is my leggings. I can't make enough of them, fast enough. But do try. I know there are sellers out there that offer custom stuff in a myriad of colors and it's never-ending, but I don't work like that. With me everything has a limit. I eventually like to move on to a new style, or at least, a new color. So I buy my fabrics in bulk, and when some of them run out, I just move on to a new color. I think that's more like what you'd find at a boutique than to offer the same colors over and over.


I also sell a lot of linen item, but most of these are custom listing on Etsy. I love it. Linen is one of my most favorite fabrics to work with and you can do just about anything with it. Linen is so visually intriguing. Right now I'm working on my design for linen skinny jeans. Why not? Everybody has denim jeans. Mine will be linen. Right now I'm working on a pair of aqua and a pair of navy blue jeans. This is going to take some time as jeans are very complicated to make. While I'm creating them, I also have to create the pattern so that I'll be able to make them again later. Just part of the whole design process. So I'll have to take my time and do it right.








No comments: