Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I Simply Must Have It - SweetMillieP's cake



[caption id="" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Image via Wikipedia"]True Blood (season 2)[/caption]


I was recently added to a treasury collection on Etsy featuring Sookie Stackhouse and that's where I was introduced to SweetMillieP's shop. For those of you not familiar, Sookie is the main character in a series of books by Charlaine Harris. I've been reading the books about vampires in Bon Temp, Louisiana for years and then about 3 years ago HBO turned the books into a drama series called "True Blood". I was a Sookie fan long before the HBO show. The show really isn't as good as  the books (they never are), nor does HBO stay dead on track with the books. Nevertheless, the "True Blood" series is a lot of fun and now has a cult following all its own. I love it! It gave faces and personalities to some of my most favorite vampire characters.


What does SweetMillieP's Etsy shop have to do with Sookie Stackhouse, you ask? Well Ms Millie make a Sookie Stackhouse cake that you would have to see to believe. Obviously, Ms Millie is a Sookie Stackhouse fan like me, because she's got a few other "True Blood" items listed in her shop as well. Being a consumate  dinner and party thrower during the holiday season, I would love to have any one of these items gracing my table. Okay so I'm a show off! Sue me.


Unfortuanely, there is bad news in all this. Ms MillieP doesn't ship most of these item. It's always the things you can't have that you want the most. If you're lucky enough to be in the Orlando, Florida area, she does deliver.



Sookie Stackhouse Cake



I have died and gone to True Blood heaven!!!!


YUMMY LEMON STRAWBERRY TWIST


Pink Silk Cupcakes




[caption id="attachment_630" align="aligncenter" width="590" caption="Twisted Sister Cake"][/caption]




[caption id="attachment_652" align="aligncenter" width="590" caption="Pound Cake"][/caption]


Fortunately, she does ship the Lemon Pound Cake, so that's what I'll have to get and cry over all the other stuff in her shop that I can't get. However, I am in the process of talking her into moving to Houston, TX. Wish me luck.



No comments: