Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 1 - Officially unemployed

Okay, so here we go. This is my first day of being unemployed. The idea is going to take some getting use to. This time it's different because I don't plan on changing it. I now consider myself "self-employed". Yet the idea of not having a "nine-to-fiver" is scary, devastating, crazy.... okay I could go on all day if the doom and gloom adjectives. I wasn't given a choice in this lay off, but how I handle it is all mine. So what next?

Right now I'm starting to work on my new line of clothes for the craft shows I'll be doing starting in March. I really do have plenty of work to do.

One thing I want to say. In this current economy, I have no illusions about just how hard it's going to be to get my business up and running to the point where it can support me and my son. I don't think there's going to be some magic fairy come along and make it all work overnight. That's bullshit. I don't have time to stick my head in the clouds. Not on this issue. If I want this to work, I'll have to work like a Hebrew slave, day and night, eat crow from buyers and people that can help me, lower myself to the position of a slug and kiss asses. It's an ugly truth. Being good isn't good enough. No one owes me a livelihood. If I want to survive, I may have to do some things I don't like. Okay, so here we go....

No comments: